Pittsburgh Project 2010

Romania 2010

Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Very Long (but GREAT) Day!

DAY 2

Today we started by heading to Union Station for our first of many meals. Union Station is the hub for the Amtrak system in DC, but has a great food court on the lower level, so we are planning on lots of meals here! After breakfast, we headed to Arlington Cemetery. It was a fascinating, yet very somber, experience. We were able to witness the changing of guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Very cool. We were also able to explore the grounds a bit and soak up some of the history of our country. We left the cemetery and headed to lunch (again at Union Station!) then headed to register for the conference. The conference was amazing! Awesome worship, exceptional speakers and just an all around fun time!

***I have loaded some pictures, and I apologize they are so big. I have tried to resize them numerous times with absolutely no luck. Hopefully one the more tech savvy guys will help me out for next time! :) If you click on the picture, you can see a full view of it.***

The changing of the guard...
Arlington Cemetery


A view from above...if you look way out, you can see the Washington Monument!


And the rest of the pictures are just some of the gang looking cool! :)













3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Peter! I don't care if the pix are big or small...I am just very grateful you are posting them. The hot dogs in their sun glasses are especially cute. Lex, just think of how proud Dad would have been that the very first "event" on your trip is Arlington Cemetery - he is beaming down on you! Praying for you all, and loving your blog entries,
    Joan Manners (Sheets)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lexxxxxxx! Glad Mom and I are the only ones posting, haha. I've been texting you, and mom just informed me that your cell phone is in her car...perfect, so look forward to getting 4532 texts from me upon your return. Anyway, I hope that you are having fun!! I miss you lots, let me know how your sin talk goes! I am praying for you baby girl, love you tonnnns!! Tell baby Kate hi toooo!!!
    Brytt Sheets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're all having a great time.
    Thanks for the updates. The info & pics are great. To be at Alington Cemetery is humbling, eh? Hi Eric & Nick... (Dad just got home safely & is re-packing to leave tomorrow. We drop Meg off at 3 & head to NYC till Friday...call if you get lonely & we'll drive down & pick you up!...right...). We miss you but trust that God's got ya covered!
    Love, Mom Thompson

    ReplyDelete