Pittsburgh Project 2010

Romania 2010

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hi momma, dad, uncle rob, and grandma. So this trip has been AMAZING so far. Right now we’re all just hanging out around the house and tenting area because we had a huge ride today. I did all the extra riding that only a few of the “serious guys” did and one other girl and it felt great. It was about 75 miles and I had to rely on God so much. There were times when I wanted to just quit and get in a sag vehicle but whoever I was riding with encouraged me. I’ve learned a lot of new terms like drafting or whatever and it really taught me something. When you draft you get right behind someone and they break all the wind for you and it makes the traveling a lot easier. I applied this to my spiritual life because when you’re riding the Christian walk with other Christians then it makes the ride and walk a lot easier. So I’m really tired right now because I’ve done over 100 some miles so far on the trip but even though I’m dead tired and I’m feelin like I can’t go anymore I know tomorrow God’s gonna give me strength to make it. AND I’m making a ton new relationships with people. I miss you momma and daddy and grandma. I don’t miss Nash….(: Hi Sam hope you’re having a great time without me…if that’s even possible(; Save some fun for when I get home. I’m gonna ride way more than you!

Ps. DON’T drink two large monsters before going to a bike ride. You get an awful crash.
BROOKE KING!! : D

P.s.s.s. this is John… I pretty sure I just saw a wild bear cub turn a corner down a path today!

1 comment:

  1. HEEEYYYY!
    Brooke, I am so good to hear that you are learning so much on this trip. I couldn't help but laugh when you said, "they break all the wind for you." It made my day. John, that is SO cool if you saw a wild bear! I am praying for you all.
    Love Emily (MLE)

    ReplyDelete