Pittsburgh Project 2010

Romania 2010

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Student Scripts

  • I've been learning about forgiveness so far. While learning about love, it has been awesome to see God teaching me that the ultimate way to love is through forgiveness. It has been an emotional, yet freeing experience. -Wil Witters
  • Hi everyone! Today is our 2nd day of VBS. Everyone is exhausted, and yet it is a good thing that we are tired because God gets the chance to do the impossible. I know that for me personally being tired has helped me to be more focused on God and what He wants to show me. Please pray for strength and that we will be focused on God. Please also pray that we will show God's love to the VBS kids and the others that we are serving. Thanks for your prayers! -Paula Humphries (7/14/09)
  • Hey Humphries Family! I've blogged a few times in the last couple of days but I realized today that I have not said hi to you guys--so HI!!!!!! Mom and Dad, thanks for your prayers and support. Noah, keep rocking out on drums and I'll see you soon! Mussy, I miss you and think of you often. I love you so much. Micah, keep being your amazing self and making everyone laugh. I love you all tons. And I'm so glad you are part of my family. Say hi to the kittens for me and I'll see soon. P.S. Kayla Morgan, if you are reading this, HI! Love you girl! -Paula Humphries (7/15/09)
  • Hi Mom, Dad, and Ryan! :) (Lucky, too!) I'm having such an amazing time here in Baltimore. I've had such cool, life changing experiences so far. The people I have met are unique, special, and wonderful. I wish you guys could be here with me. Arlington cemetery was so touching...definitely touching. And the conference was INCREDIBLE. I've made like ten new friends, and the teaching and lessons really changed me. It was amazing, guys! :) Right now I'm waiting for the kids from VBS to come. It's Day 3 and so far it has been so much fun. The kids fall in love with us and are so entertaining to play with! And guess what? I even brought a little girl to love Christ--it was indescribable. Other than the VBS, Baltimore is very sad, to tell you the truth. Yesterday we got to go on a prayer walk with Pastor Mike from Charm City and actually carried signs and told people about God on the streets. I was kind of nervous, but I would do it every night if I could. Baltimore really needs our thoughts and our prayers. So much more has happened--you have no idea! I miss you guys and love you so much! Have a crazy and exciting times in MI! I love you! -Jamie Fleury
  • Love you, Mom!!!!! -Tim Alia

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sam.........Chris is missing you. :0 He says it seems so wierd w/out Sam! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! Keep up the high spirits and energy. You will have plenty of time for rest on your trip home. Let us know of specific prayer request. That has been very helpful.
    Love you Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey paula,
    whatcha doing? Thank you for the note to us. I kissed a picture of you wiping a table - HA HA!! I really miss you and want you to come home but I know you are serving God. The cats say HI!! And pippi says she is grumpy. See you soon. LOVE, Special Mussy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth (a.k.a. kid magnet!),
    Praying for you and the team! I can't wait to hear how this experience has impacted you and to hear your thoughts on poverty in the U.S. as compared to Honduras. I'd love to see our family turn your experiences this summer into reaching out to the poor in Kalamazoo. It's quiet around here with Bryce off to camp and you in Baltimore. By the way... Holly wants to know if you can dog sit this weekend.... :-) Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the great work! You guys are awesome. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock on, Jamie. I'm so glad to hear you guys are getting the Word out in B-more. Can't wait to hear about it when We 3 go to the movies. Yep, your mom and I connected today.

    Love you and so proud of you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo good to hear that you are all growing!!

    A little info from home: tonight we had our Putters/Culvers night with both Impact and Ignite and it was really great. There weren't a ton of kids there, but those that were seemed to really enjoy themselves. There were a few middle-schoolers that came that I had never met and it was so awesome to connect with them!!

    Brittany, your sister OWNED like 7 people in a mini air hockey tournament that we had going on at Putters and then proceeded to take home about a gallon of mashed potatoes from Culvers for Aus...lol.

    KC of course did an amazing job facilitating everything.

    As much fun as we had, however, you all were there in spirit and in our conversations. Love you all, miss you all, praying for you all.

    Oh, and this is Lauren if you guys didn't know :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom, Max and I went to see the Harry Potter movie yesterday. It was good. REPAIRO!!!!

    ReplyDelete