Pittsburgh Project 2010

Romania 2010

Friday, July 17, 2009

Student Scripts (7/17/09)

From Paula Humphries:

Hey everyone! Today has been a really emotional day for me. This morning our group went out prayer walking. We walked around the neighborhood and prayed at three sites where shooting and murders had taken place. All of the victims were young kids or teenagers. Two of the three victims died.

The whole thing was a very eye-opening experience for me. To stand in the very places where teens like me were killed really made me think. It woke me up to how much evil and pain and suffering there really is in this world. When I go home, I want to remember this. I don't want to just forget and go back to my daily life. I want to take what I've seen and experienced and do something with it. This city is full of people crying out for help. This is a place that needs Jesus so bad. I'm very, very thankful to have had the opportunity to come here and serve. This has been the best week of my life. God bless!

3 comments:

  1. Paula,

    I have LOVED reading your scripts! I'm sure you will be sitting at the computer for days journaling all your experiences from the past 10 days. I'm so glad this has been such a good trip for you. :)

    Enjoy your sightseeing and seeing the sights today. You all have definately earned a "fun" day.

    We can't wait to see you tomorrow night. We're so proud of you and we love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very touched Paula at the words you wrote. I am thankful for your willing heart. May the Lord continue to use you in a special way. Have fun today in DC.
    your friend,
    Mrs. Peters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin, Sure do miss you, I hope you enjoy sight seeing today. I know it has been a hard, long nine days. Haven't seen any blogs or many pictures of you, just wondering if you were really there.Then I read Peter's twitter pretty good for me Hah. He said you were his hero and said it again and to ask about Troy. I have a feeling God used you in an amazing way. At least I hope He did. Who is Troy? See you tomorrow Have Fun be safe. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete