Pittsburgh Project 2010

Romania 2010

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Oooops!!

Hey All!!

RBC/Ignite has so many blogs that we accidentally posted a few to the wrong one. Here are some of the blogs from yesterday and today:


FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2010

Friday!
Well,
We're ending another day. It was a good one. We finished up cutting wood this morning and did a ton of gardening work for the church. Lunch was goulash, and was delicious-- topped off with homemade donuts. Yummm. Our VBS was awesome. We brought out the Earth ball, 60 inches of awesomeness, which you'll see in the video. The kids were all about it. As I'm typing this, individual portraits of the kids are printing so we can give them to them tomorrow. John did a great job teaching, and everyone did an awesome job jumping in where there was a need. Dinner was mamaliga, which wasn't a group favorite, although I was hungry enough to finish off a nice helping.

Things are always changing here, and I thought you'd be interested to see what we will be doing tomorrow. It will look something like this:
8:30 Breakfast (we're letting them sleep in ... finally)
9:00 Devotions
9:30 Leave for Betel
10:00 Meet at Betel, then leave for Nitchidorf
11:00 Arrive in Nitchidorf, plant trees and flowers, prepare for the days VBS and put together blessing bags
12:30 Lunch
2:00 VBS
4:00 Playing the Nitchidorf Futball team (God, please help us!)
5:00 The mayor has invited us to a barbeque at the mayor's office
7:00 Helping with an evangelistic service involving the kids and their parents.

As you can see, some incredible doors have opened up for us. Please pray for these various opportunities.

So ... I'll leave you with a video. Click it to watch it on Youtube. It works right on their site. Enjoy!



Dear friends and family,
It is about midnight right now as I write to you and I just had a bowl of cereal. Today was great. We chopped a ton of wood, had great Romanian food, and were lucky enough to love on a ton of little kids. When looking back so far on the trip, I've tried to recall the "God Moments" as Michael likes to call them. And I couldn't come up with merely one moment; there have been too many. The moments however, weren't a booming voice from the sky or a burning bush, they were simple acts of love and kindness. Too often, I and many of us, forget to appreciate the little things/moments in life. I've learned quickly on this trip that the little moments go a long way. Seeing kids doing motions of Every Move I Make, watching kids laugh during our dramas, watching 4 little ones attack a leader, or just receiving a much needed hug, are just a few of the "little moments" that touched my heart. Every time something like this happened, I knew they were acts of love powered by His spirit. So far, the so called language barrier hasn't been a barrier at all, it's been an open door to spread His love. My biggest worry before the trip was not being able to speak their language. Which shows me how good God is because my biggest worry has been our biggest opportunity. No bridge of language, culture, or situation is too different or too big for God's love to cross. It's time to go to bed. Good night and I love you Mom, Dad, Nate, Daisy, and Sammy.
Taylor


Dear friends and family
Today has been the best day of our short trip so far but then again each day is much better than the last. We finished stacking and chopping wood today. I even got a chance to split some wood and for my first time, I would say that I did pretty well. The day continued to get better as it went on. As we went to lunch with the family who works at the church I realized how much we've been blessed here. For us, it seems that families here don't have much, yet they give us the very best they have. I can't thank God enough for these amazing people. Later, at VBS I really felt God with me as I connected with a few girls after all of the games and worship. I felt how much they appreciated us coming here and being with them even if we can't understand each other. Its almost like the difference of languages has brought us even closer together, like we share a deeper bond since we can't understand each other through talking. I am so thankful that we can rely on God's strength and his gift of prayer. I love you Mom, Dad, Nick, and Grandma and Grandpa.
Katie.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are doing well. I am proud and humbled that you are my daugher. You are in my thoughts all the day long. I pray that you continue to feel God's presense on you heart. I miss you and love you soo much baby girl. Love Forever and Always, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says
    I'm also proud of you,and sooo glad your making many new friends.Mom won't let me go anywhere without you, but did go to St. joe and buy you a cubs shirt.See you soon,love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily ~ Hey sunshine! I have watched the video with you leading in singing and loving on the kids and it makes me well up with tears of joy knowing you are experiencing so many amazing moments and pointing people to Jesus!!! Amanda, Jim, Jason, Dave & I Love you SO VERY much and are praying for you daily many times! Can't wait to hear all your adventure stories and Hold you tight! ♥ Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, John! Preach it to the church!

    ReplyDelete